Sea Frogs Vacuum Pump System VPS-100
The vacuum pump system is used for checking the water tightness of the camera housing before going underwater.
How to use it:
- Install the camera in the housing in a dry and low humidity environment to avoid condensation on the inside of the housing.
- 15-30 minutes before your dive remove the lid from the backplate to access the vacuum pump system opening and make sure the O-ring stays in place.
- Attach the vacuum pump system to the opening by screwing it clockwise.
- Unscrew the lid of the electronic valve and press the button to turn on the LED inside the valve.
- Attach the rubber part of a pump to the valve and start pumping air out. The Red LED will start to blink indicating ambient atmospheric pressure.
- Fit the hand pump to the threaded valve body and use the pump to remove the air from the housing until the red LED changes to green. Use the pump 1-2 more times to ensure there is enough pressure that it's not on the edge of the pressure sensor.
- Them remove the pump and replace the protective cap. Observe the green LED blinking for 15 minutes to make sure there is no air leakage.
- If the LED turns to red there is a leak in the system - do not dive with it. You can remove the camera and replace it to test if the door seals hadn't sealed properly and repeat the process. If after doing this it still isn't sealing properly contact your local dealer. If the LED remains green unscrew the lid of the valve to access the pressure release button and press it for a few seconds to release the pressure from inside and turn the valve LED off.
- Remove the valve and place the vacuum opening lid in its original place, making sure the O-ring is still there and that it seats properly.